We are committed to protecting your privacy.
Gwekwaadziwin Miikan ensures that your personal health information is private, confidential and secure through the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
When you visit our website, we will not collect your personal information unless you choose to use and receive online services that require it.
We may only collect personal information that is specifically authorized at law, or where the collection is necessary to provide you with a program or service. We collect personal information directly from you, unless another manner of collection is authorized by law.
We may only use personal information for the purpose it has been collected, or for a consistent purpose, unless another use is specifically authorized by law.
We may only disclose personal information where we have legal authority to do so, or where the disclosure is for the purpose that we collected the information such as providing you with a program or service.
What kind of information is collected?
When you browse or download information from our websites, our servers automatically collect limited amounts of standard information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed for operational trends, performance, and for ways to improve our sites. Gwekwaadziwin Miikan cannot identify you from this information.
We collect the following standard types of information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computers being used to access our sites
- operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our sites
- Internet Service Providers used by visitors to our sites
- dates and times users access our sites
- pages visited
- keywords users enter into our search engine
- names and sizes of files requested
- Other information such as forms voluntarily completed by the user