A part-time position responsible for assisting in the implementation of client’s treatment plan, monitoring the facility, facilitating group primarily during the afternoon shift, but may be required for other shifts.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Reporting to the Seven Grandfathers Team Leader
• Responsible for taking direction and implementing it to Live in Aftercare Programs.
• Assist in development of client centered wholistic treatment plans
• Assist program participants in continuing there recovery via life skills, education, therapeutic interventions
• Responsible for liaising with community organizations
• Assist in implementation of research projects
• Diploma in social service work, or related field with mental health and addictions training preferred
• Preference given to an Individual of Anishinaabe ancestry with Knowledge and understanding of Anishinabek history, clan systems, protocols, etiquette, culture, traditions, and ceremonies
• Proven experience with management, program development, research, and outcome measurement,
• Experience working in Mental Health and Addictions field with proficiency in outdoor experiential learning, education, aftercare, and client centered models of care
• Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects
• Able to participate in outdoor and athletic programming
• Mature individual who is able to work independently with preference given to individuals living a traditional lifestyle and being on a life-long journey in traditional knowledge
• Possesses a valid Ontario class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing with access to a reliable vehicle, able to obtain an ‘F’ class Driver’s license with a preference given to those who already hold a class ‘F’ driver’s license
• Ability to work outside normal business hours as required
Salary: $ Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: September 9, 2020 – Noon
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application and resume with three employment references, one from current/most recent employer and current Criminal Reference Check, Drivers Abstract, Copy of relevant Diplomas/Degrees. Incomplete or late packages will not be accepted.
Please forward in a sealed envelope marked:
Complete Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com
Please reference email: Live In – Aftercare Support Worker-part time Application
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted for an interview.